utterly pointless.. but then i love trivia. besides, what can be more shitty than copying
a forward onto your blog ? 😛
- Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:Spades – King David,Clubs – Alexander the Great,Hearts – Charlemagne,Diamonds – Julius Caesar.
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321.
- Hershey’s Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like its kissing the conveyor belt.
- If you put a raisin in a glass of champagne, it will keep floating to the top and sinking to the bottom.
i’m trying this one tonight.
- The fingerprints of Koala Bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.
a handy tip. now the plan for my perfect murder is complete.
- The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
no wonder i can’t play the damned game.
- The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan, there was never a recorded Wendy before!
- The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
efficient. incidentally the atomic bomb dropped on Japan apparently only detonated a fifth of its payload. the design wasn’t efficient enough.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors. Also, it took him 10 years to paint Mona Lisa’s lips.
- If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
see ? alcohol is bad for you. but good for you when you have scorpions around..
- Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to SLOW a film down so you could see his moves. That’s the opposite of the norm.
- A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
finally. the equality is complete.
- A duck’s quack
doesn’t echoechoes minimally. No one knows why.
updated thanks to Megan
- The ‘spot’ on 7UP comes from its inventor who had red eyes. He was an albino.
- 315 entries in Webster’s 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
incidentally, i don’t use it.
- On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
- John Wilkes Booth’s brother once saved the life of Abraham Lincoln’s son.
“fate is not without a sense of irony.”
- Playing cards were issued to British pilots in WWII. If captured, they could be soaked in water and unfolded to reveal a map for escape.
i wonder if they knew about point #1 ?
- The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time the most known player on the market was the Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola.
- By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you can’t sink in quicksand.
gotta remember that. can one actually raise one’s legs when in quicksand ?
- In Gulliver’s Travels, Jonathan Swift described the two moons of Mars, Phobos and Deimos, giving their exact size and speeds of rotation. He did this more than 100 years before either moon was discovered.
who’s to say the scientists didn’t just copy what he made up ?
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!
- Sherlock Holmes NEVER said “Elementary, my dear Watson.”
i know this one. one of my biggest grouses with people who know nothing of the great sherlock.
- The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
incidentally, so does the bat-car in most comics and movies, i think.
(excerpted from an age-old forward)