especially when you’re too bored to work. and know a sweetheart called marie.
1. One of your scars, how did you get it?
On the back of my hand, acquired when I was 18. Getting it was a matter of climbing up to the higher cupboards, opening them up, and not realizing that the fan was mere centimeters away from the open door. When you don’t realize that, you generally tend to flail your hands in the air, as I did, and leave a testament chunk of flesh taken out.
2. What is on the walls in your room?
Paint, a varied assortment of posters, and a calendar. Nothing incriminating at all.
3. Do you snore, grind your teeth, or talk in your sleep?
Snore, possibly; occasionally. I do contortions in my sleep though.
4. What type of music do you listen to?
Could be anything or everything, depending on my mood. Rahman figures high, and random others occupy my fancy to the point of obsession.
5. Do you know what time you were born?
Nope. I barely knew I was born, is my guess.
6. What do you want more than anything right now?
A smoldering hug ? A copy of ‘Making Money’ ? A bungee-jump ?
Probably, just to get out and do something.
7. What do you miss?
Home, having a completely organized music collection and being organized among things.
Fine, I’ve never been organized. Still, I must miss it.
8. What is your most prized possession?
I don’t possess so much to have something prized. I have a poster which I’ve carried around for over 12 years; a few trinkets, a couple of gadgets which are significant. I’m guessing the alienware and my car were probably way up there; and are not easily replaceable.
9. How tall are you?
6’1″-something. A childhood dream, seriously.
10. Do you get claustrophobic?
11. Do you get scared in the dark?
Secretly ? Sometimes.
I just tell myself that the monsters in the dark are Mike and Scully – making me want to meet them.
12. The last person to make you cry?
I honestly don’t remember. The absence of Thatha, possibly, is the closest I can think of.
13. What kind of hair/eye color do you like on the opposite sex?
Black-eyed with the effervescent twinkle, and dark haired. ‘Doe eyed’ has always been among some descriptions I’ve given.
14. Where can you see yourself being proposed to at?
In a kingdom, Far Far Away.
Even then, Shrek might have to sit on me to have me do it. When, of course, I won’t be able to – being flatter than a pancake.
15. Coffee or energy drink?
Coffee, I don’t prefer energy drinks ever.
16. Favorite pizza topping?
Plain cheese, though right now I’m off pizza.
17. If you could eat anything right now, what would it be?
Vengai sambar and aloo karakari. Always.
Else, paneer makhanwala and naan. It’s been a while.
18. Have you ever eaten a goldfish?
19. What was the first meaningful gift you ever received?
Very tough question – more so because I believe that even the acts of others done out of free will is a gift too. Way too many people, way too many things. Materially, possibly the first book my parents ever put in my hands.
20. Do you like anybody?
Yep. And hopefully, people like me too. Like-like ? Gimme a break.
21. Are you double jointed?
No. I can contort myself, even in my sleep though.
22. Favorite clothing brand?
No real preference. Clothes aren’t very important.
23. Do you have a pet right now?
No, but I wish I could take care of one.
24. What kind is it?
25. Would you fall in love knowing that the person is leaving?
Probably not. But that won’t change what is going to happen anyway.
26. What is the best way to tell someone how much they mean to you:
Just tell them. Nothing beats it. More importantly, tell them a lot.
27. Say a number from one to a hundred:
Ninety-two point two-oh-three-four-two. Go figure.
28. Blondes or brunettes?
Brunettes, I think.
29. What is the one number you call most often?
There are a few; off the top of my head: Ramya.
30. Have you been out of the USA?
I just came here a year ago, so d-uh, yeah.
31. Your weaknesses?
Sweets, short cute women and home-cooking. And a threat to my gadgets.
32. Met anyone famous?
Yeah, one of the world’s top hackers, for one. Hung out with the guy too.
33. Ever done a prank call?
I don’t think so. I’ve pretended to be someone else on the phone once, and succeeded.
34. Have you ever had surgery?
Yeah, appendectomy. Who knew tummy aches could be so serious ?
35. What were you doing before you filled this out?
Waking up, and checking email.
36. What do you get complimented about most?
My hair, for some reason.
37. How many kids do you want?
Probably two, with one adopted. Hasn’t changed in a while.
38. Were you named after anyone?
My surname comes from my grandfather. My middle name is from my father. My own is some permutation of my mom’s, possibly.
39. Do you wish on stars?
No. The point being ?
40. What kind of shampoo do you use?
Anything from Sunsilk to Head and Shoulders.
41. Do you like your handwriting?
No, it could have been so much better.
42. What is your favorite lunch meat?
I don’t eat meat.
43. Any bad habits?
Occasionally biting my nails, a bad diet, indiscipline, thinking I help when I don’t.
44. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Probably, at least just to have someone around to watch weird movies with.
45. Do looks matter?
Not so much, good looks even cause major insecurity issues in even opening a conversation in my case. I can’t really comment, not being a winner in the looks department anyway.
46. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I’m thinking a rubber wrestler I got as my first action figure. Destroyed so many toys with him. Later, one of my GI Joes.
47. Do you use sarcasm?
Who ? Me ? Never. Ever ever ever. The point being ?
48. Mashed potatoes or macaroni and cheese?
Mac and C.H.E.E.S.E.
49. What are your nicknames?
Tatya, Tish, Tatee, and Satyavageeshwara.
Gotta love them.
50. What’s your favorite TV show?
I don’t watch TV. I found I can’t watch anything longer than 30 minutes anymore. I try to catch up on Scrubs at the end of every season though. Mostly sitcoms and comedy shows.
51. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Something with chocolates in it.
52. Do you have all your fingers and toes?
Yep. And none from anyone else.
53. Do you have a computer in your room?
I have a laptop-desktop in the living room, and my own laptop everywhere else.
54. Plans for tonight?
Movies, and possibly games before that.
55. Whats the fastest you have gone in a car?
Gone-gone ? Never. Speed-gone ? Definitely near 90 mph.
56. Do you want everyone to answer these questions?
What are you, twelve ? Think for yourselves, dummies.
57. What are you listening to?
U2 – All That You Can’t Leave Behind, and Kaakha Kaakha before that. Go figure.
58. Last thing you drank?
Coffee from Dunkin’.
59. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Harsh, on Ramya’s phone.
60. Favorite thing to hate?
61. Favorite month of the year?
July, in every country so far.
62. What is your hair color?
63. What is your eye color?
Dark brown to black.
64. Favorite fast food place?
65. Favorite restaurant?
Here, Thai Noodle/Sukh Sagar. Back home – Sadguru.
66. Do you like sushi?
No. I don’t eat fish.
67. Last thing you watched?
The start of ‘The English Patient’. I need to get back to it.
68. Favorite day of the year?
None particularly. Currently looking forward to October 30th, and December 25th.
69. Play any musical instruments?
Nope. Wish I could, and wish I would sit and learn one.
70. Republican or democrat?
Neither. Politics is boring.
71. Kisses or hugs?
I like Marie’s answer:“A hug, followed by a kiss, followed by a grope, followed by another kiss, followed by a throw-down.”
Especially the throwing down part.
72. Relationships or one night stands?
A slowly developing relationship.
73. What was the last thing you bought?
Socks, and a sleeping bag.
74. What book are you reading?
‘Pyramids’ by Pratchett; ‘The Face of Battle’ by Keegan.
75. Describe your love life.
I really need to figure it out.