So here it is.
20 years ago I . . .
1. was in the 4th grade (Section A or E, possibly) in the Modern High School, Dubai.
2. was living in Dubai, attending Bal Vihar classes, doing my homework every night, and generally being an all round “good boy”.
3. believe I might have started using a computer properly, beginning with a typing game. (Might have been a couple of years earlier too, but its a vague memory at best.)
10 years ago I . . .
1. was between my 2nd and 3rd semesters of engineering. After those exams, and the results I achieved.. there came a number of realizations about my ability — none of them good.
2. had attended my first ever RAIT fest, Horizon 2001, as a pure attendee. Spent the night on the roads of college with none else than Erkenbrand for company.
3. knew I wanted to do something in Biomedical Engineering, but had no clue how or where to even get started.
7 years ago, I started this blog.
5 years ago I . . .
1. was working out details of joining Rutgers for a PhD in Biomedical Engineering.
2. was barely eking out a living in the UK, but still finding time to travel all over Switzerland and the UK, attending the WWW conference, and generally living a completely different life to what I ever thought I would.
3. traveled between India, the UK, and the US more than once.. and in the process rediscovered a lot of things. As well as said my final goodbye to Thatha.
3 years ago I . . .
1. had just returned from my very first conference ever, and on the high of having presented 2 different papers there.
2. roamed most of California and Texas.
3. posted a lot about movies. and terror attacks. does correlation imply causation?
1 year ago I . . .
1. finally had G move in with me as my wife, and was living out a blissful first year of marriage.
2. rediscovered my dormant love for gaming, thanks to a PS3.
3. discovered how quickly life changes stages when you’re not looking.
So far this year I . . .
1. have had more conference presentations/papers than in any other year of the PhD.
2. have been to Disneyworld.
3. have realized how much I want to move into the next stages of both my career and my life.
Yesterday I . . .
1. found yet another reason to call the Mrs awesome: she loves Archer (only the most awesome show of all time) even more than I do.
2. got completely up-to-date with the awesome Fables series.
3. discovered that Gauss > Chuck Norris.
Today I . . .
1. will hopefully have completed preparations for yet another conference.
2. am thinking too hard about filling out this meme.
3. will go watch Thor.
Tomorrow I will . . .
1. start playing Arkham Asylum.
2. start preparing for travel to Montreal, where aforesaid conference is.
3. maybe work. I’ve been trying to work weekends for a month.
In the next year I will . . .
1. have moved on to the next stages of life and career. Definitely.
2. hopefully have kept my promise to G of touring with her a bunch of different places. Yes, Disney was just the beginning.
3. have gone back to taking my writing and photography more seriously. One can hope.
Stolen from here. I encourage you to do the same.