- As I always say, people would rather rewatch ‘Armageddon’ for the 10th time than ‘Schindlers List’ for the 2nd time via Gizmodo| The Most Pirated Movie of 2011 Really Sucks.
- A whole bunch of people agree/disagree with this explanation for why the awesome WP7 just has not taken off the way it should. However, end of day, all the app devs be damned.. its going to come down to what the carriers will sell to consumer. And that’s where Android is winning.. the ability to dictate how Android should function is selling it. Nothing else.. via cek.log| Windows Phone is Superior; Why Hasn’t it Taken Off?
- “Smart 4G: a system would use 3G (or even EDGE) to pull data in the background, and only step up to 4G when downloading a large file or streaming video.” Given the battery drain that is 3G, this is the only way forward. I really hope it gets done.. via 512 Pixels| What the Original iPhone Teaches About a 4G-Equipped iPhone.
- Oh, this was just a bad, bad idea. Talk about ensuring a constant supply of cannon fodder for Android bashers via parislemon| The Definition Of Open Is… Missing.
- In other news, M$ shows that its last concept video is actually a video of existing technology, conceptualized to everyone using it. Not conceptualized in the sense that ‘we’re thinking about doing this’. Insane via The Verge| Inside Microsoft’s Envisioning Lab
Quote of the day rings so, so true (via Practically Efficient| Handwriting):
If you find yourself staring at a problem on a screen—of any size—without taking any action for more than five minutes or so, pen and paper might be your ticket out.
p.s. FYI, I am editorializing, not curating or reporting. Not that anyone cares.