- Windows 8 is starting to look really good. M$ has really got their Metro shit together, I hope. Imagine, a touch-friendly Windows tablet, which you might even be able to work on! via Gizmodo| First Touch: This is Windows 8
- Eye-opening profile of the CEO everyone loves to hate via BW| Steve Ballmer Reboots
- Some real gems in this list of ridiculously awesomely funny Failbook posts of the past year. The corresponding Twitter posts are boring.
- This hits the nail on the head so perfectly via Shawn Blanc| It’s Just Stuff. The more I read, the more I assimilate.. the more irritated I get about the way treat technology today. There is always more.
- The only reason for this link is because it uses Bayes/kNN for something so ridiculous. And I know exactly what/how those work! (via kottke.org)
- I remember VCDs were the reason India actually moved to affordable home video.. and the death of the cablewallah’s Friday Night Pirated Releases. A deeper look into their life via David Bordwell| Pandora’s Digital Box
- Just to follow up on the Sibal war on protecting the Indian populace from obscenity on the Internet, the stand-out statistic from this article includes the fact that only 3 out of 350 requests made by the Indian Govt to remove content from Google is due to pornographic content. Pretty much all the remaining requests are to avoid defamation — of Govt or public figures. Srsly.
An awesome quote, from a great letter (link):
If it is right, it happens — The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away
And finally, a brilliant visualization to compare movies (compare 2001, Alien, and Solaris):
Last but not least, I nearly took this brilliant BBC sketch seriously. No, really: